How much money should you spend on a ceramic coating, and how much do ceramic coatings cost? Here are some average ceramic coating price examples for mid level packages:
Larger Vehicles: $2,000 +
It’s important to keep in mind.. these are AVERAGE ceramic coating prices, and will vary widely based on options, warranty backing or lack of, and much more. One of our favorite parts of the job is working with customers 1 on 1 to find exactly what works for them.
Now let’s answer the burning question: Why are ceramic coatings expensive? Well there are 3 reasons:
1. First and foremost, ceramic coating application including the paint preparation process takes TIME. The average ceramic coating installation including prep takes around 10+ hours.. Crazy right?
2. Professional Automotive ceramic coatings in relation to gloss, durability and ease of cleaning are one of the hardest, most durable, and advanced forms of non film paint protection that exists! We’re talking YEARS of protection… not months! Professional ceramic coatings are greater in cost vs products that are available to the general public.
3. And Finally, in order to install ceramic coatings properly some of us put ourselves through some serious training. Close to 90 hours was spent going through the most reputable online paint correction and ceramic coating training there is! Not to mention all the hands on experience in addition to that… So at the end of the day, training, knowledge, experience and specialized equipment are factors as well.
Because we are detailers, we’re tempted to get into the nitty gritty of what a ceramic coating is & why it’s the 9th wonder of our Anchorage auto detailing business, but we don’t want to bore you! A ceramic coating is like a thick winter coat you put on your kids before they go sledding! It’s a hyper durable, and extremely hard layer of Silicon Dioxide that cures to the entire exterior of your vehicles paint, glass and other surfaces. Not only do ceramic coatings give a rich, glossy appearance to the car paint that’s absolutely unmatched, but nano ceramic coatings are designed to last anywhere between 3 and 9+ years depending on the coating you choose. Ceramic Coatings have three jobs:
1. Long term paint protection
2. Beautiful gloss and shine
(and we mean BEAUTIFUL)
3. Reduced Maintenance time and Costs
How does A Ceramic Coating Work?
After a ceramic coating is applied to the paint, it is as if your vehicle has an extra layer of ultra durable, and hydrophobic skin. Ceramics are designed to protect against everything that touches the paint from the outside world: bird droppings, bugs, acid rain, pollen, UV damage and more. While normal auto detailing services can help clean and protect the paint temporarily, ceramic coatings form a sort of shield that protects your investment until the day it’s traded in, which means more money in your pocket,
Especially when we add it your vehicles Car-Fax report!
Properly washing and maintaining your car can be inconvenient and tiresome… So after we spend $50,000 on a vehicle we slowly watch it degrade more and more overtime because we just don’t want to keep up with it. Or may not have the time and energy to do so. Ceramic coatings delay the process of paint degradation and dullness since it provides an additional sacrificial layer of slick protection over the paint.
Ceramic Coatings require a yearly or bi-yearly maintenance cleaning to keep them at peak performance & sometimes to keep the warranty valid. In this process, the ceramic coated vehicle is thoroughly cleaned, inspected and often times a specific sealant or company specific rehydration product is applied to ensure maximum performance.
Curious about what a maintenance wash generally consists of, or want to know best practice for washing your vehicle? Check out the below video!